There is currently (1) open position at Shat-R-Shield.
Title: Product Manager
1. Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Development and Supply Chain Management, the Product Manager is responsible for developing and managing Shat-R-Shield product strategy for existing and new product lines. This position includes managing product life cycles and identifying new products and new market opportunities. The Product Manager leads projects through the discovery (MRD/PRD), design, and launch stages of the Gated Product Development Process, and then tracks product performances against plan. The Product Manager is the lead innovation and technical expert with a strong understanding of the industrial and commercial market requirements, customer applications, and creating/executing on a strategic business plan to achieve desired results.
– *Manage the entire product life cycle for all Shat-R-Shield products
– *Serve as lead member of the team that develops and implements the Market
Requirement Documents and Product Requirements Document (MRD/PRD) which will define the product and positioning
– *Understand customer needs, trends in lighting industry, competition, and energy legislation changes
– *Ensure the product attribute fields in M2M are populated and data is current
– *Drive quality improvements in product design and manufacturing
– *Ensure all products meet regulatory requirements (Examples: UL/CUL/FDA/OSHA/CFIA/NS, ASME, and Mexico Dept. of Agriculture)
– *Research market pricing for new products and recommend selling price
– Perform product demonstrations and presentations at trade shows and customer visits
– *Provide training to Sales, Marketing, and cross-functionally on new and/or existing products
– *Determine customers’ needs and desires by conducting research
– *Assess market competition by comparing company’s products to competitors’ products
– *Obtain product market share by working with Sales to develop product sales strategies
– Assess Product Market Data by traveling with Sales and evaluating call results
– *Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
– Assist by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels for proper inventory turnover and product availability
– *Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume; work with Pricing Manager on project pricing
– *Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing publications, establishing networks, and participating in professional societies
– *Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
– Lead new product concept brainstorming meetings
– *Evaluate market competition and position the product lines to appeal to industrial end-users
– Assist in prioritizing product development plans
– Create New Product Requests (NPR) for SKU’s that are being launched
– *Develop supply chain that delivers best component and product pricing, either through importing or US manufactured products
– *Required domestic and international travel approximately 25%-30%
*Denotes essential function
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field
– Min. of 5 years relevant work experience
– Strong organizational and planning skills
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
– Strong written and verbal communications
– Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
– Proficient product and sales/marketing media knowledge
– Ability to work with others as a team leader, member, and contributor
– Ability to be self-directed and make effective decisions
– Knowledge of Industrial LED technologies and markets
– Knowledge of power supply electronics, lighting fixture design, and lighting measurement
– Knowledge of polymer chemistry
– Knowledge of LEDs
– Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Supervisory Responsibility
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
5. Equipment/Material Used
– Regularly uses personal computer/laser printer, copier, fax, scanner
– Frequently uses a telephone
6. Work Environment
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– This position works primarily in a home or business office environment, with low to moderate noise.
– If/when work is being performed from a home office, presence in the business office is expected as requested.
– This position may be required to travel on a frequent basis. (25-30%)
– The position is required to wear safety glasses when in the plant and around machinery.
7. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– The employee is required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
– This position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please list “Product Manager” in the subject line.
Shat-R-Shield, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and participates in E-Verify.