There is currently (1) open position at Shat-R-Shield.
Job Title: Director, Product Development
This position is responsible for the overall strategic accomplishments of product development based on corporate objectives, and will lead and manage the entire product development process. Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Product Development is responsible for conceptualizing and developing new products and product line extensions, for continuous improvement of existing product lines, and for defining go-to-market strategy. The position will require an extremely creative person who can remain creative while maintaining structure in juggling multiple projects at one time and delivering product on time to the market. Extensive market research is required, along with strong knowledge of lighting, lighting applications, LED fixtures, lighting manufacturers, and their products.
– *Manage the product development process from the concept phase to the post-launch analysis phase
– *Develop a process for ideation and voice of the customer to aid in new product ideas and development
– *Review and improve the product development process
– *Develop product strategy and mapping
– *Conduct market research to identify new product potential and new markets
– *Recommend new LED fixtures based upon company vision and strategy, as well as industry/market knowledge
– *Work directly with customers, vendors, Product Managers, the sales team, and management to define specifications and designs for new products and product enhancements
– Deliver forecast for new product introductions
– Assist Marketing with product specifications and product launches
– *Lead the patent application process from concept to filing, and serve as technical lead for any follow-up as needed
– *Work in conjunction with Manufacturing on cost-down projects for existing product portfolio
– *Develop and implement the Market Requirements Document and Product Requirements Document (MRD/PRD) which will define the product and positioning
– *Understand customer needs, trends in industry, competition, and energy legislation changes
– *Drive quality improvements in product design and make recommendations to manufacturing
– *Ensure all products meet regulatory requirements (Examples: UL/CUL/FDA/OSHA/CFIA/NSF, ASME, Mexico Dept. of Agriculture)
– Prioritize product development plans
– Provide guidance regarding supply chain strategy, and develop long-term partnerships
– Perform product demonstrations and presentations at trade shows and customer visits
– Provide training to Sales, Marketing, and cross-functionally on new and/or existing products
*Denotes essential function
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Industrial Design, or relevant technical field
– Min. of 3 years experience in lighting or electronics
– Strong creativity
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
– Strong written and verbal communications
– Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
– Proficient product and sales/marketing media knowledge
– Ability to work with others as a team leader, member and contributor
– Ability to be self-directed and make effective decisions
– 5 or more years experience in lighting or electronics
– Knowledge of power supply electronics, lighting fixture design and lighting measurement
– Knowledge of polymer chemistry
– Knowledge of LEDs
This position supervises the position of Product Development Manager.
General Office equipment and computer
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– This position works primarily in an office environment with moderate noise.
– This position may be required to travel on a frequent basis.
– The position is required to wear safety glasses when in the plant and around machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– The employee is required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
– This position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, e-mail your resume and cover letter (including salary requirement) to email@example.com. No phone calls or unsolicited visits, please.
Shat-R-Shield, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and participates in E-Verify.